Home
Twitter

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Some YA Books Dontated! Yippy!

Earlier this month I had the pleasure of meeting fellow writer Joanne Levy at a local coffee shop. We had meet through twitter and have been corresponding ever since.

When I sent out a tweet about the book drive my work was doing for Habitat for Humanity, Joanne was one of the first people to pipe up. She wanted to donate some books. Fantastic! When we met we talked for a bit and I expected her to hand me a book or two. I was shocked when she hoisted up onto the table a bag FULL of YA books. Ten in all. Yes, TEN.

After picking my jaw up off the floor, we went through the books - some even signed. I cannot believe how generous people can be for people they have never met.

Below is a photo and a list of the books Joanne has donated.


  • Radiance by Alyson Noel (x2)
  • Trance by Linda Gerber (x2 - 1 which is signed)
  • Wake by Lisa McMann (x2 - both signed)
  • Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood by Eileen Cook
  • Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl (signed by Margaret Stohl)
  • Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King (signed)
  • What Would Emma Do? by Eileen Cook


Joanne, thank you so much for the wonderful books. You're so generous. They look like fabulous books and I think I am going to have to go buy some of them for myself. I'm sure the families going into these HFH new homes will love them.

Interested in donating a book to the book drive? Please email me at auntieflamingo@gmail.com or visit me on twitter @auntieflamingo for more information.

Your help is needed. We need books for children of all ages.

0 comments:

Post a Comment