Home
Twitter

Friday, July 10, 2009

Would You Like Dessert, Um Desert, I mean Dessert?

No, I'm not MIA. Just been a little busy. With the kids home and their summer events, doctor appointments for my daughter (you have to follow me on twitter to find out what is going on there,) and family wanting to see the kids (and us wanting to see them too,) I've been a little busy and tired but loving every minute of it. Oh AND I have completed and new picture book manuscript and currently working the cover letter. Yes, I didn't forget about writing.

Today I want to talk about something I love....desserts.
I used to have trouble remembering how many S in the word. I don't enjoy eating deserts, the sand is too crunchy in my teeth. But if I was eating deSSerts I would want to have 2 and that's how many S are in the word. I know it is I little cheesy but it works and it's fun.

What words do you have a problem remember how to spell?
What do you do to remember how to spell certain words?

4 comments:

Janet said...

I have trouble with that word, too. I'll have to remember your tip, it should work.I'm sure there are other words I have trouble with, just can't think of them right now.

Madeline Barr said...

Hi Janet,
Glad to know I am not alone. If you think of the other words you have trouble with feel free to comment again.

Jennifer Taylor said...

I've had the same problem with desserts and deserts. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Congrats on finishing your book.

Madeline Barr said...

Thanks Jennifer.

Congratulations on your novel, Highland Blessings. You must be excited about its release in May 2010.

Post a Comment