Home
Twitter

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A PEACHY TIME

Whenever I go to the shopping mall I always go into the bookstore. I try to walk past but I can`t.

Last week I bought the children's novel James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl. I remember reading it when I was young and thinking what a wonderful story it is. Now my son and I cuddle up before bed time and read the book together and I am enjoying it as much as he is. I always say to my son, “Just one chapter tonight” and he agrees. He knows just as well as I do that we are going to get wrapped up in the story and read 4 or 5.

I charish this time with him and I know he does too when he responds with a disappointed “Aww” when I tell him we're done reading for the night.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved it when my kids were little and we would read books together.

Post a Comment